Monday, November 3, 2014

Southern Utah Journal


This is my cathedral
Wide
Beautiful
Wild
This is my dream land
visited by spirit gods long gone
and yet to be
There is no time
No passing of time
There is only a sound
and no sound
in this land, silence is a sound
in this land there is stillness and power
in this land the patterns of sky and rock are joined
forever
My eyes walk high ridges
cutting through ageless stone
my eyes walk with the older spirits
and we follow the same patterns
of rising stars
of rock edges against sky
My cathedral
god mountains rising
saints and angles towering
watching
My cathedral
beyond dreams
only in dreams
There is no time
time has been laid aside
forgotten by these solid living gods
who spread dreams across the ages
one slow life dream
one slow word spoken
forever

-Kevin Slick

No comments:

Post a Comment